Tuesday 28 October 2008

Designing Lukes typeface...

Looking at the words I had to illustrate all I could think of was Times New Roman, and so I used this as a starting point. I decided to take a technical approach to the design and based it around technical drawings. This, I hope, reflects the idea of being careful and particular.



After our interim crit I decided I would alter the positioning of the letters on the A1 poster to represent the idea of being well travelled. Using arrows to do this also meant that there was a barrier between the letters, as though the letters were quite "guarded".



Because of the nature of the design (carefully and technically drawn letters) the typeface has taken a stupid amount of time to produce. Unfortunately it's still not quite finished but here's what I presented at the Crit anyway....

No comments: