Sunday 9 November 2008

No news is good news...


For this brief I chose the quote "Adverts are terrible things". After researching the topic and talking to people about their views on adverts I've come to the conclusion that with a bit of innovation adverts can actually be very entertaining and enjoyable...it's those that lack in the creativity department which justify the mentioned quotation. So...for my brief I decided to aim my posters at those producing advertisements with the message, put creativity into advertising.



"Stop hiding potential"

The coloured type represents the possibilities that advertising provides...the brown represents the prevention of this, with the hands signifying possible clients stopping advertisers from producing something original.



"Creativity is waiting to burst out"

This image shows a box which acts as a metaphor for trying to control creativity, and hands which are ripping it open to let the *creativity* out. The hands are important as it shows that it is down to the target audience to allow creativity to be free and it is them that can let it happen.



"From creativity comes originality"

This image works on the idea that from the creativity that is let out of the box comes original ideas. The type was made from wire and took ages...I'm not too sure if it was worth it but I don't think anyone else made their letters from wire so at least it is original...

As I was discussing with Jo I made this brief a lot harder for myself than I needed to...trying to communicate a message which put enormous pressure on my own work. I'm not sure how well I've answered the brief to be honest...at least this is another lesson learnt...

1 comment:

Carl said...

Your entire blog is so interesting and off the beaten path. The imagery is excellent! Please continue to work on your blog, its a great place to visit.